Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nano: Day 1 Update

So, first things first. I not only remembered to sign up for NaNoWriMo, but I actually did remember to start writing today. And as an added bonus, I realized that I was somehow overestimating the number of words you set as a goal for the event. For some reason, I kept thinking it was 90,000 words instead of 50,000. That's a big difference in output. Of course, if I hadn't realized that, I'd have finished a good week and some change early if I kept up with my average. Then again, what are the odds I would have managed to keep up a 3,000 word a day pace for that long.

As it is, I plan to try and plug away about 2,000 words a day, which should give me enough leeway to fudge a day or two or (heaven forbid) actually think about some story details. Yes, as it is, I'm just kind of flying blind for the opening salvo. But hey, some of my best ideas come from flying off the handle, so how bad could it be?

...

Pray for me.

No comments: