Saturday, November 15, 2008

Strike! And Strike! And Strike Again!

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not a big fan of college football. I'll watch a good game if it's on and I have nothing else to do (when do I ever?), but I don't follow it religiously. I did, however, happen to catch something that I thought was very cool this morning.

ESPN College GameDay, which always does remote shows Saturday morning at various sites, did their show this morning from the campus of Florida A&M University.

This is great to me for two reasons. First, FAMU just happens to be my alma mater, so it's cool to see the school on the big screen and in a national spotlight. Second, it's the first time in the history of GameDay that they've done the show from the campus of an HBCU. That's any HBCU. And while some may argue it was just because it was a slow week nationally, I'm quick to point out that they could have just as easily drove the mile and a half down the street they would have needed to to hang out at Florida State. So kudos to ESPN and the gang.

And for fans of GameDay that know that Lee Corso puts on a mascot head at the end of every show, I'm sure that you can understand why I found this moment at the end to be particularly satisfying.



And since Lee the added snake strike, I feel contractually obligated to add this:

No comments: