Friday, October 31, 2008

...as a puppy.

Okay, so I haven't spent the past few days being sick as a dog, but only because I can imagine myself being sicker than I was. Mind you, I don't want to visit that reality any time soon.What sucks about my sinuses flaring up is that the short term result has been what feels like a knot in my throat that only bothers me when I try to speak. Anyone that knows me should know just how terribly bad it is for me to be unable to talk without feeling like my voice might go out. And that's not even counting that my job is in communications.

In lighter news... Happy Halloween! Okay, so I'm just sneaking it in under the wire. I was having a moment where I was wondering if I was the only oddball in my family when my sister sent me this video showing off her new camera and her encounter with a baby squirrel.


Dear Mom,

It's genetic. Bwa-hahahahaha!

Sincerely,
Your son.

And as one final note, I had the fortune (or misfortune) to remember NaNoWriMo the day before it starts. NaNoWriMo (or National Novel Writing Month) is a month-long effort to write a full length novel in the course of a month. Since I actually remembered on time this year (I usually remember sometime around the 10th) I'm going to give it a legitimate shot here. The effort in this case is supposed to be more important than the end result. And as added incentive for cheering me on (or deciding to take the plunge and go for it yourself), I solemnly vow that if I succeed in this task, I will make a copy available for reading.

That's right, kiddies. All the terrible and abstract things that I most certainly wouldn't let through my filter on a good day, splayed out in the interest of filling pages. Come on. You know you want to see it... At any rate, I'll track my success (or failure) here as the attempt continues.

No comments: