Monday, November 10, 2008

I Really Do Wish It Was Longer...

In a noble effort to end the day on a positive (if not disturbing note), I decided that it was time to revisit an old classic. This has almost nothing to do with Sam costing me another week of my sanity by reminding me of this song's appearance on Family Guy.

So now, I present to some and introduce to others a little ditty from Lamb Chop's Playalong, a show that was refreshingly entertaining for a kid's show.



A few things to note. First, don't fault me for having watched this show. It came on back in the days before I had 8,000 channels of cable to go through, and many days it was either this or a soap opera (we won't discuss the period where I was obsessed with soap operas, especially since it may, at times, include now).

Second, I found myself inpressed with the production effort for this ending. My favorite part? Shari Lewis inexplicably assaulted by the children she would call her friends, seemingly on the verge of being pulled apart. DC Comics would later use this as the basis for Final Crisis, with this song as the true form of the Anti-Life Equation.

Last but not least, I cannot for the life of me figure out why so many people on YouTube inexplicably misname this as "The Song That Never Ends". They only sing the title 7 times.

And yes, I did count it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are SOOOOOOO lucky I didn't show up to the store today.


Bird's the word.

HouseT said...

You're lucky you weren't there this weekend. You not only could have caught me singing the song but doing my version of that horrible dancing Peter did.

Everything except for the near seizure part, but that's only because I'm positive I'd have a real stroke in that moment and everyone would be too busy laughing to call 911. Of all the stories I may be a part of there, I'd just as soon avoid the "Hey, remember that time Thomas died here?" story.

Ba-bop-a-ooh-maw-maw-bop-a-oooh-mawmamaw... Ba-bop-a-ooh-maw-maw-bop-a-oooh-mawmamaw...!