Monday, December 8, 2008

With Apologies in Advance to IGN...

Just so that we're clear on what took place last night, and also so I can vent about the events of last night...

I swear it was supposed to be one of those easy, no hassle posts that get knocked out in a matter of minutes. I didn't even put much thought into the text of it aside from making a last second mention of Simon Sez Santa (which is still cool). Drop in the YouTube clip of one game and drop in an IGN embed of Scribblenauts. How hard could it be?

Except for some reason, I don't get an imbed of the Scribblenauts trailer. No, no, no. I get some clip of what appears to be strategy breakdowns for various games. Which is cool, except that I really wanted to imbed the Scribblenauts trailer. And I have to stress, I was really jazzed about showing this game. Three whole people will really care about it when they see it here. But somehow, I can't pull it off. I check and double-check and triple-check the code, but nothing. I do a web search to see if it's anywhere else, and find that while it is, virtually every site has it... you guessed it... succesfully embedded from IGN. So now not only can I not do it properly, but I'm somehow the only idiot in the entire internet who can't. I feel brilliant.

So yes, in a moment of weakness, I went to extreme measures to get the job done. I'd say that I don't apologize, but that would make the thread title terribly untrue. So sorry to IGN.com. You are a cool site and I enjoy visiting you. I meant no disresepct, and I surely don't want to deprive you of any traffic or whatever would be the result of me successfully embedding the video clip from you. I just wanted to show a handful of my friends a cool thing that (at the time) only you had. Please don't be mad at me.

No comments: