Sunday, December 7, 2008

On the Gaming Front: Extra Quirky Edition

It's time to go over a few concepts in gaming that I've found strange, bizarre, and oddly compelling over the past few weeks.

First up is an odd little bit of info that I sutmbled across. While many people talk about making their own games, one man has actually put in the years of time necessary to get very very close to achieving his goal. Robert Pelloni has a game that he's simply entitled "Bob's Game" (go figure). And if his website and this preview video are any indication, he's quite dedicated to it.



Next up (and with a much firmer release date) is a Nintendo DS game that I came across recently: Scribblenauts. The concept, as IGN put it, is hard to explain in words but easier to grasp in a video. Which is good, because I'm feeling lazy and I don't even know how many words a 100 second video would translate into.



As the full preview article explains, they're apparently going through great lengths to have virtually every item imaginable available so long as you can write it down. The game itself seems to work on a system much like an advanced version of Simon Sez Santa.

And by the by, I had totally forgotten that Ol'Santa existed. I gotta go check that guy out again. Ah, the holidays.

No comments: