Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of the Year Reflections

All right, suck it up. I promise not to get overly sappy or anything.

While thinking about the past year, I can't help but think how much my flash drive represents so many things that have gone on in my life. There's the lesser things. The small blurbs of text that represent random thoughts I started but never quite finished. There's the rants that I never quite found the right time to polish or post (some of which you'll likely see in the next few weeks). There's the copies of the Blood Bowl newsletter that I right for our league, a publication that gets more and more abstract as the weeks go by but has still come out. With luck it will be one of the only publications to have survived an entire season.

My family is there. There are a few random photos of parties (most notably my birthday party), and they pop up in the handful of images I have stored on my drive.

My ex girlfriend is there. Well, she was at a lot of those places, too. And while we aren't necessarily in touch these days (more my choice than hers, I guess), I still hope that she's doing all right in life.

A copy of an episode of Black Lagoon is there. Episode 10, I believe, which is actually a few episodes further than I got when watching the series. It's sadly one of the anime series that I started and just didn't get around to finishing. I should try and be a little more dilligent with keeping up with those. Maybe if I didn't keep finding cool series to check out...

There's a few random snippets of Doctor Who, and an episode of Chuck. If that doesn't tell you a little bit about my TV viewing habits (and myself), I don't know what will).

And there's the bigger things. A handful of short writing projects that I am a bit proud of. My National Novel Writing Month project, which I was glad to reach the goal on but still needs massive work to be anywhere near viewable.

And there's any number of things that I have posted here. I started with the simple goal of trying to find one thing a day to post about. And while I've fell short of and exceeded that goal on several different occasions, at the very least I have not given up yet. I've rambled about the inane things in life. I've opened up (a little) about myself. I've talked about comics, TV, music, and other things. I talked about baking. I even wrote a song about it, for crying out loud. And even though I know there aren't all that many people out there listening, I still feel like I'm finding more of my voice everyday.

So to all of my family, friends, associates, and every other category of person out there... here's to a new year for all of us. May you remember the good times you experienced. May you learn from the wrongs that were commited by and against you. And no matter what the future may hold for you, may you always find a little comfort and/or joy from the wacky output that my little page provides.

Stay strong. God bless. And Merry Christmas... from the Temptations.

(Sorry. I had one more of those I had to get out of my system).

See you next year.

No comments: