Friday, December 26, 2008

Retro Friday: Holdiay Edition

I'm going to take a bit of a sidetrack from what I would normally post for retro clips here, but 'tis the season (really, I got to stop saying that so much...). First, in honor of the jolly holiday season (and in part because of my love of comics), here's an oldy but goody. I never read the Lobo Paramilitary Special, but if it was 1/8th as great as this fan film adaptation, it was beyond awesome.



And in honor of a departed actress, here's a little Eartha Kitt Catwoman for you. If nothing else, enjoy Catwoman's brilliant escape maneuver. And jeez, Batman. What exactly is worse than death?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the comic is even better. One of the coolest things about it is that the comic's/Lobo's creator, Keith Giffen, read through the fan film script for these guys and touched up some of it to make it more 'Loboesque.'
If you want to find out more about the world of fan films, you might want to check out my daily fan film blog, fancinematoday.com. Also, for what it's worth, I wrote the first book about the history and future of fan films, Homemade Hollywood, which just came out in bookstores everywhere.

HouseT said...

Ah. Yeah, that sounds like Giff. I'm sure he doesn't call himself Giff, but whatever.

I have heard good things about the comic itself and how "faithful" the fan film is, as well. And there are a good many solid fan films out there that are fantastically made. Hmm, a new side project..

Unknown said...

FAN FLICKS! FAN FLICKS FAN FLICKS! DO IT!
Yeah, man...