Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You the People: Debating Script Frenzy

Time to make the doughnuts. Or in reality, it's time to pick the subject of my upcoming efforts in the writing project known as Script Frenzy. But in this case, I've decided to look for some honest to goodness feedback on the matter. Because honestly, no one has cared enough about my previous writing project to even speak of it. Once. I love you, too.

So I'm putting it to you, all 6 of you (yes, the number's increasing), to give me some input or advice on what sounds interesting to you. Of course, I'll probably just ignore it all and do whatever I feel like, anyway, but try not to stress over that too much. At any rate, here are some of the ideas I'm floating around (all titles are tentative):

Bobby and Bill (Comedy): The classic duo comedy team formula meets a modern world and a slightly more mature set of plots. Bobby has a warped mind, but always the best of intentions. Bill is the stable, more sensible of the two, but prone to bouts of rage. Their friendship is the thing of legends, or at least the fodder of sitcoms.

This idea would also most likely spawn off a few other comedy shorts I've wanted to flesh out, since I doubt the main concept will hole for 100 pages.

Frak (Drama, Sci-fi): When Annie met Charlie, she thought he was a little off. When Annie met Chaz, she knew he needed help. But when Annie met them both together, she knew that there was something wrong with her. Annie always knew that she was a little odd, but she had no idea that looking into it would send her on a journey of self discovery that forced her to face her own duality…

And no, it's not about Battlestar Gallactica! Screw Galactica! I said it. I don't care.

Fortune Hunter: Fortune City Blues (Drama/Anthology): This is the screenplay version of Fortune Hunter, which was the basis for my Nanowrimo project last year. That project is in turn connected to a larger overall project. Which part of either project I work on in April is still up in the air.

Hardcore: The Metal Titan (comic): Meet Trey Montgomery, gifted high school senior and part-time police sketch artist. What, if any, connection does he have to metal behemoth known as Hardcore? And can either solve the mystery of the recent set of robberies in the tech district?

The Moments in our Days of the World (Soap Opera): Okay, so this is a flat concept, and I have no idea where it would go exactly. But I’ve been sporadically watching a few daytime soaps for a while now, and I’ve gotten disturbingly good and figuring out where the plots are going. So why not take a stab at the real thing? You don’t know what to expect because I don’t know what to expect.

So that's the gist of the five main ideas I'm playing with. Please vote in the poll off to the side of the site (you can vote for more than one) and/or leave questions/comments here. I'll be more than happy to expand on any of the premises if someone wants to know more.

3 comments:

Rashad said...

nice. i obviously like hardcore the meta titan. but not just cause it's a comic but because it sounds interesting. a giant robotic hero, teaming up with a kid to solve murder mysteries, sounds damn fun.

frak is my second. just cause i want to know more about her.

faustina said...

I choose Frak, too... science fiction offers SO many options to explore!

HouseT said...

Thanks for the input so far. Just to be clear, I'll probably end up working on more than one idea over the course of time. I'm just trying to figure out which one(s) to work on first. So even if your favorite idea doesn't hit the top of the list, chances are I'll get to it eventually.