Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Votes Are In!

Well, technically there's still another 16-17 hours left in the poll. Blame me for not realizing that I'd probably want to settle my decision before the start of the event. Thanks to everyone who voted... and I should note that I'm particularly pleased to have gotten the participation I did. I know the usual suspects chimed in, but a good handful of people dropped by specifically because I asked for their input. So thanks to both groups, I actually got a number of votes greater than 5. And I didn't even pad the number by voting.

Still, I made it clear that I'd make the final decision, and that I wouldn't necessarily listen to the popular vote. That's right, I'm an army of one. Or my own electoral college. Or something. Anyway, let's get on to the big announcement: your winner... or should I say winners, and my choice(s) for Script Frenzy are:

Wow. I'm still amazed that so many people seemed to like this idea. The name and the premise didn't seem all that strong to me, but I'm glad that something clicked with people. Honestly, I almost forgot to add this idea into the list at all. But it's an idea I've played around with enough to have a few solid ideas stored up (and a few new ones to boot).

But since there's only so much script you can do for one book (lengthy or not), and because I was reminded how much I had floating around in my head about this title (you'll figure out why that's funny later), here is winner number two:

A twisted tale of twisted people and the strange but frightening world in which they live. They're around you. They're beside you. They're.. inside you? It's Frak. And it's totally going to suck when I only script out the first episode or two. Bwa-hahaha...! But we'll see.

At any rate, I'll likely work on both concepts enough to reach a definitive stopping point. I don't believe in leaving major cliffhangers unanswered anyway. In theory.

And to show you how sick I am, I'm seriously debating staying up until midnight just to make my official start right out of the gate. Although since I have work in the morning, I just might not stay up that late. Thanks again, and stay tuned for further updates.

No comments: