Thursday, March 19, 2009

Why Do I Choose to Punish Myself?

So Nanowrimo is months in the past, and conversely also months in the future. That's assuming, of course, that I can bring myself to take the plunge for a second consecutive year. It was rewarding, but it was also painful, stressful, and full of chaos.

So why, after enduring that and probably needing a few more months to even convince myself that I'm ready to go again, would I think about subjecting myself to the nonsense that is Script Frenzy? Why? Why not?

I've thought about it, and I've decided that it can't be any worse than Nano was. In fact, for some twisted reason, I seem to think that it should be a little easier. Of course, I've been wrong before. But at least in this case I'm considering it a few weeks before the event starts at the 1st of April.

And for anyone else that might be considering it, you have a few weeks to mull it over, too. The only plus to this is that if you choose to, you can have a writing partner. In theory, that should be helpful, but I'd imagine the wrong one could be just as detrimental.

No comments: