Sunday, February 15, 2009

Scrubs is Kinda Awesome

Scrubs is one of a pair of shows that I think have been excellent as they returned at the start of the year (the other being 24, which I think really benefitted from a year off). Whether the small break behind their transition led to better scripting I can't say, but I can say that the first ten episodes of the season have been pretty strong.

As proof of this, check out this 3 minutes worth of one of last week's episodes. The new interns take an apt but cheap shot at Turk and J.D., and the pair respond... well, exactly the way you expect Turk and J.D. to. Also, it marked the return of one of the greatest songs ever written. Yeah, I said it.

2 comments:

faustina said...

I thought for sure you were talking about the Steak Night song! Scrubs does have some great writing. My fav: The Janitor. Ever since the very first episode when he pantomimed taking off JD's head and dancing around with it on a stick... hilarious!!

HouseT said...

Oddly enough, I didn't like the Janitor at first. He seemed unnecessarily mean to J.D. But over time as he started relating to others and took a few licks of his own, he started to grow on my as a character.

But my personal favorite character has always been Dr. Cox. I espcially like seeing him deal with trying to balance his life with added responsibilities he has this season.

"Eagle...!"