Sunday, February 15, 2009

HouseTV: XTreme Advisory

For anyone that might not have noticed this weekend, the channel that was Toon Disney has now offically become Disney XD. XD, yo!

... Okay, so it's pretty much the same channel, but there are a few exceptions and additions to the line-up. Of things I've seen or seen scheduled, here are a few that might be interesting to those of my ilk:

Aaron Stone: A new series lauded as being about a boy who trains to be the superhero/crimefighter like one that's in his favorite video game. Or something like that. I haven't bothered to see it, but I know I'll eventually get around to it.

Even Stevens: I don't recall really liking this show, but I'm sure someone had to since it was on for so long. I guess it was that sibling rivalry thing. And tweener girls might like it because they can "... see what Shia was like when he was my age. Squeeeeee...!"

Phil of the Future: A kid and his family go on vacation in the past (our present) and get stuck here. It's stupid beyond stupid at times, but every now and then amidst the insanity they would drop a really good plot or two in there. And the theme song is catchy as all get out.

Famous Jett Jackson: I nearly boggled when I saw they were showing episodes of this in the here and now. Yet another show where I can't figure out just what I liked so much about it, but it was so cool. Jett's just your average kid who just happens to be a TV superstar. Still, he chooses to move back to his hometown and finds centering from his family nd friends. Think Hannah Montana without the dual identity bit. Hey, the formula works, don't it?

Static Shock: Speaking of boggling... I never thought this show would make it to air again simply because I didn't think anyone up there loved me enough. But the tale of Milestone Comics character Static (no Shock... just Static) has a progressive storyline and several very interesting plot points to cover before it's over with. Although admittedly, the best stuff comes before the last season which was DC guest shot city.

(It should be noted that Static has appeared recently in DC's Terror Titans miniseries and is all but confirmed to be joing the Teen Titans later this year. So they're probably trying to get him some more face time in other venues.)

That's that. There should be more shows popping up here and there (I didn't do an exhaustive search), so take a look at the channel and see what's new and/or improved.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I;ll put a shock to your system!" I always dug the original theme, the one that mixed the drumline with Lalo Schifin. I'm just happy it's back on the air again. BTW, you know Disney XD has got to pick up Freakazoid now!

HouseT said...

They'd probably have to jump through a licensing hoop or two to pull that off, though. But it would be awesome.

Also, I forgot to note before that I'm pretty sure this is the channel that the new season of Spectacular Spider-Man is supposed to be on at some point. Although pesky Canadians can watch it now. Pesky Canadians...