Saturday, January 3, 2009

Who is This Guy.



With a period, because it's not a question.



According the BBC News page, "Matt Smith has been named as the actor who will take over from David Tennant in Doctor Who - making him the youngest actor to take on the role."

And here I thought Tennant would be the young, hip Doctor of this era and they might go a different route with their new choice. But I'm not going to naysay at this point. It's still a full year before any changes are taking place, and I'm the first one to say that I reserve judgment until the show actually airs. After all, how many people went up in arms over Catherine Tate's casting last season only to eat their words later? Well, assuming you liked her (which I did).

Anywho, guarded optimism.

2 comments:

Toby O'B said...

I think "Trust In Moffat" should become a mantra, a bumper sticker, a t-shirt, a button! I wanted so many other choices to get the nod - and mainly because I never even heard of Matt Smith! - but I think if Moffat sees something in him that he can write about to the show's advantage, I'm all for it.

And I'll admit to being one of those who wasn't keen on Catherine Tate's return, only to marvel at how excellent she turned out to be.

HouseT said...

To be fair, I know so little about British actors that I was all but assured not to know who the heck the new guy (or girl) would be. I have faith that they can pull it off, especially since I'm sure it takes something to survive the audition process. There can't be too many characters that require The Doctor's range and versatility.