Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shows I Like: The West Wing

All of this inauguration business reminded me of how much I really enjoy The West Wing. It's one of those shows that I picked up in the later seasons, then had to backtrack to catch the first few seasons.

This week in particular has been pretty good to me. Bravo (which shows two episodes a morning) did a mini-marathon of the last episodes of the series on Tuesday, which was appropriate since the series ends with the inauguration of a new president. And while many people will say that the show drpped off in the latter seasons, I think they really should get credit for the entire election run and for leaving things at a point where you really could stand to see what happens next. But then, I guess you are supposed to leave fans wanting more, and it's more than possible that another season would have just left you missing most of the older cast.

Still, the cast of characters and the stories they came up with over the years made for entertaining watching. And don't think they were particularly heavy-handed with their political messages, either. But then, that's just my take on it.

No comments: