Thursday, April 30, 2009

Goooooooool!

With just a scant hour before the official end of the operation and with me seemingly not in any big rush to put any big push of work into the effort, I'm going to officially call it. With an unofficial (but what I'm calling final) count of 108 pages, I hereby claim victory in the month long crusade that was Script Frenzy. A winner is me.


After some initial trepidation over the whole thing, I have to say that it was much easier to settle into the pace of Screnzy, and overall I'd say that the goal of 100 pages was much more workable a goal than the 50,000 words that are NaNoWriMo. Although honestly, I think I have love for both projects. It's probably just that I think it much more likely that some off script that I write will get produced somehow over a novel being published. But life is odd and strange, and the exercise isn't necessarily about making something producable anyway.

Still, I will persist in torturing the wary few that come here by sharing some odd snippets here and there. But given the response I've had from when I've shared before (namely none), that may well be an exercise for the sake of doing it, too.

But enough of that. I dedicate this victory to the late Sam Johnson, who I still think about every time I sit down to write something here. I'm sure he'd enjoy this victory, as well as this victory tune, provided courtesy of Earth, Wind, and Fire:



(And yes, I realize the song has no bearing at all on anything. But I already used Kool and the Gang's Celebration for my NaNo win, and I've had this song stuck in my head for most of the day. Best Elite Beat Agents level... ever.)

2 comments:

faustina said...

Every time I hear Earth, Wind, & Fire, I'm transported back to New Orleans, almost three decades ago. (Yes, I'm THAT old.) It was Mardi Gras, and there they were, playing on one of the street corners in the French Quarter. Right out there with God and eveyone. GREAT fun, that was!

HouseT said...

Seeing old clips of those bands always makes me think that being more than a small child in that era would have been tons of fun.

Of course, seeing old clips of Donna Summer convinces me that I probably wouldn't have made it out of that era intact. That woman was... aw, she just wasn't right.