Thursday, April 23, 2009

At a Loss for Words...

Considering that most of the people who have seen my page no doubt either came from his page, at some point visited his page, or just knew him personally, there's no doubt in my mind that I don't have to tell most people that visit here about the passing of Sam Johnson. I'll be the first to admit that we weren't horribly close, but through our web adventures I feel like we had established a kinship of sorts.

I'm still trying to find the right set of words to say on the matter (and believe me, I will have many more words about the man), and I almost don't feel like saying much until I do have those words, but I felt like I needed to say something in the meantime. So I'll leave you with these two things regarding the man. First, his encouragement is one of the things that prompted me to get this old page up and running. And secondly, his joy of life and his embracing of his own mortality is one of the things that keeps me working on my writing, both here and in what passes for real life.

So if at any point in time you've garnered any semblance of joy, amusement, entertainment, enlightenment, or just blind distraction from anything you've seen here at the old House Rules! site, you can offer a small measure of thanks to Sam Johnson for it.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Sam is the reason I started blogging, too. He told me I might find it useful for exorcising my demons... and I have and will again. After the funeral on Saturday, I might be ready to post, possibly still through tears. My heart just breaks to have lost my friend, my compadre, my brother.