Monday, April 13, 2009

"That's Tatiana!"

AP (and no doubt various other sources) has reported that adult star Marilyn Chambers has died at age 56. Now granted, I shouldn't care about this. The majority of her "work" was before my time, I can honestly say that I haven't seen much of it at all, and even the later, less racier stuff occurred mainly during my teen years.

...

And I clearly wouldn't have seen that then, either. And that's the story I'm sticking to.

Still, the woman was heralded as one of the groundbreaking stars of her genre. If anything, she helped make ye ol' pR0n more mainstream, and there can't be too many people that are upset about that.

(And yes, I realize that there is, in fact, only one person I know of that might get the quote I used in the title of this post. But if you happen to, then you realize exactly why I used it.)

2 comments:

faustina said...

Wow, I can't believe she's gone. I saw "Behind the Green Door" while in the US Navy in 1982 and recall it being quite interesting. I don't recall any of the other movies, except "The Owl and the Pussycat", of course. Gone, just days before her 57th birthday. RIP. She truly was before her time.

HouseT said...

The most interesting thing I read about her in an article this week was that at the time she did Behind the Green Door, she didn't think it would end up leaving her with a stigma as an adult actress. She really thought she was breaking new ground (which she was, but not with the result that she intended).

Kind of makes you wonder what might have happened to Halle Berry's career if Monster's Ball had been made at an earlier time. Well, it's not fair to compare "Green Door" with Monster's Ball. "Green Door" actually had cinematic quality. Bwa-haha!