Monday, August 17, 2009

This Week's Housekeeping

... which shouldn't imply that this will become a weekly thing.

What to say, what to say... there is so much going on these days. First of all, Planet Houston Podcast is still going strong and will continue to do so for the near future. There will probably be a few more Tuesday evening broadcasts before it's all over, but the desire remains to keep doing it. Thanks to everyone who has and continues to offer support.

Also, I have to announce that I am now on Twitter. Yes, I gave into the darkness within, but it does seem to have its uses. If nothing else, it could provide more access for some of the other things I am working on.

And speaking of that, you may have noticed that I posted several excerpts from a former writing project of mine (items that all one of you commented on... grumble, grumble...). Well, I've been bouncing around the idea, and looking at this Lulu.com thing that a few people I know seem to be utilizing, and I've decided... why not? So sometime in the not so near future (probably early next year at the rate of progress I seem to move at), I will publish... something. Whether it's going to be a previous project, some new project, or some compilation of old items, I can't say. But at some point, I will need some support... the moral kind if not the financial kind.

So that's what I'm up to. Unfortunately, it means a somewhat major commitment for me, but the end result should be a pretty good thing. I hope. At least I can always say that I did it.

2 comments:

faustina said...

Bravo! I think that's a jimdandy plan and I look forward to the book/compilation/whatever-you-wanna-call-it. You do good work, and you've done good work, and I look frward to you doing more of the same in the future. Oh, yeah! Hey, you may even inspire me to NaNoWriMo...

HouseT said...

Thanks. I think what I may do is a novel/novella published by me, then maybe some kind of site anthology with a few extra things tossed in. I might let Lulu publish that one, because I don't care if they have rights to it and it's cheaper that way. It makes more sense if you understand how Lulu works (that's assuming I actually understand how Lulu works).

And I'm dragging someone onto the Wrimo train this year. I don't know who or how many, but somebody's getting dragged along for the ride. :P