Monday, October 27, 2008

Why I Love Attack of the Show

Okay. So honestly, there's a million reasons to love the show, but this is the one I picked. The story goes like this: the AoTS Gang shows a clip from last week where guest host Layla Kayleigh (who by the way is another reason to watch the show) accidentally slaps the bejeezues out of guest host Chris Hardwick. There are several things funny about this bit as a whole. First, if you had seen Layla slap Chris to begin with, you'd be forced to admit that that in and of itself was worth revisiting. I don't think I've ever seen anyone as apologetic over an accident as Layla was, which unfortunately only served to make it funnier.

Kevin and Olivia then go on to say they don't see the big deal about it. See, they apparently do that all the time as part their pre-show hyping ritual. Which leads to this scene with Olivia slapping random staffers. If it had ended there, we'd still be good. But then, wait for it, it gets epic...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's the commitment that gets me every time. Kevin Pereira not only smacks her, he full commits to it and walks off triumphant. But Olivia, to her credit, helps sell this with her mock shack. Of course, the way that show runs, she may not have seen that one coming for real. Ah, good times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want Olivia to have my baby. Or at least, let me watch Kayla nurse it. Is that wrong?

HouseT said...

As I am wont to say on so many occasions: it's wrong, but it's oh so very right.

All I know is Layla was hosting one day and she did exactly 1.8 seconds of a wiggle drop move next to the pocdium. I am not one who rewinds their DVR for such things, but I was that day. Good googly moogly!