Sunday, January 1, 2012

When One Door Closes...

I was going to make this announcement last year, but ironically enough, I just didn't get the time to do it.  But the first day of the year feels like the right time to do it, anyway.

Long story short, I'm closing up shop on "House Rules!".

True.  We've had a pretty good run here on the home site.  But it's been a long while since I've been able to devote the time that I wanted to spend keeping up with the blog.  A handful of revivals have been tried, but they kept seeming to fall short.  So I've decided to turn the page on this blog.

Did I say this blog?  Yes, before you start to shed too many tears (and seriously, you better not have been close to doing that...), I should elaborate and explain what my real plans are.  Starting with... well, right now, my main blog site for all things everything will be Planet Houston.

I admit, that it's a short move.

So why am I bothering?  It's a silly idea, but I've decided to make an upgrade to how I present things on the old interwebs.  I wouldn't necessarily call it a branding, but I've decided to push a site name more personal (and more connectable) to me.

What This Means

It means that effective immediately, Planet Houston will be where I post my news, reviews, rants, and other assorted ramblings.  It goes without saying that the plan is to be a little more proactive with the posting of said items.  Facebook and its convenience has made me a little lazy when it came to updates, but I'm going to try my darnedest to produce actually worthy content on a regular basis.

I apologize for my harsh language.


What This Does Not Mean

This does not mean that the horrifically inactive Planet Houston Podcast is dead forever.  It is still in hibernation, but the new usage of its page does not mean that it can't return. It just means that if it does, it will be sharing space with other articles.

Also, House Rules! is not going away, either.  I have no plans to erase this website, and it serves as a nice archive of everything that has come before.  In fact, I'm about 99.9 percent positive (maybe more) that the House Rules! name will remain around in some form or other no matter what I do.  I'm that attached to it.

So that's that.  I'm not going to get overly nostalgic when the truth is that there isn't a tragedy occurring.  Still, this old bird has had an adventure or two.  And the small handful of friends that I've had supporting it have been pretty worthy company.  More than worthy, really.

So thanks for all of the kind words, laughs, tears, and most important fun that we've shared over the past few years.  But believe me when I say that it's not quite over yet.  I'll see you over on the Planet.

On to the next big thing...

1 comment:

faustina said...

Well, I had tried to comment on this a few days ago, but I guess it didn't "take". I'll see you at your new home!