Friday, April 22, 2011

Wrapping Up The Boys Next Door

I find myself going into the final week of performances for Bay Street Theatre's The Boys Next Door, and it has been a phenomenal experience. It's been a silly, stressful, melancholy, funny, crazy ride, and I've loved every minute of it.

When I accept a role in a show, there's always part of me that quietly wonders what I'm getting myself into. I've only been in a few productions since returning to stagework about a year ago. And while I'm fairly confident in my abilities, it's still a little daunting to put my talents to the test.

It's always a strange point in the show's run for me. The desire to finish the final few runs of the show are tempered with the bittersweet realization that soon it will all be over. Part of you wants the show to go on, while the other part of you is quietly planning what, if anything to do with all the extra hours in the week you're about to get back.

But most of all, I find myself really proud of the show that we've put together. I'm usually not one to get all sappy about a show (and I'm still not), but I really find myself wanting to share the experience with others.

(And I'm not just saying that because everyone that's come to the show already absolutely loves it and it's given my confidence a huge boost. Although I'll admit that fact doesn't hurt...)

So if you have a few spare hours this weekend, and happen to find an extra buck or two in your pocket, take the time to check out our last few nights of the show this Friday and Saturday at 8PM. And if you can't make it for whatever reason, try to help get the word out about the show. Your friends and family will thank you for it. I hope.

(What? My confidence can't soar forever.)

No comments: