Wednesday, September 15, 2010

HouseTV: Project Fall Preview: Prelude

The new Fall TV season is just around the corner, and as everyone knows, I am an avid TV buff.

(Incidentally, it’s probably the only time the word “buff” can be associated with me, but that’s a whole other story...)

So with that said, it is time yet again for a new set of lists. But it occurs to me, in part because I haven’t done a list in so very long (wow, has it been that long...?), that people may have forgotten the rules for these lists. So I figured I’d spend the first part of this feature explaining just what my philosophy on list-making is (at least the majority of the time...).

My lists are, as it should go without saying, my opinion. They are not intended to be definitive truths. In fact, it’s entirely likely that my own opinion on them would change if I gave it more time. Despite this, I will defend my choices, for better or worse, as being valid.

The lists are made in no particular order, although the top listings are generally better than the lower listings. This is generally because I list things based on my general interest, with the shows with the most detailed write ups ending up at the top. Hence, shows that make it to the top spots of the list are (presumably) the ones I have more interest in (or less, depending on the list).

In short, you should just consider any lists I make to be fun items generated for entertainment or possible discussion. It’s hardly a matter of life or death.

Anywho, here are the lists I’ve been working on, which should come out slowly but surely as the week progresses:


5 New Shows That I Am Interested in Checking Out
5 New Shows That I Am Not Interested In (But Probably Should Be)

5 Returning Shows That I Am Waiting For

5 Reality Shows I Know I’ll End Up Watching (For Better or Worse)


Note that reality TV has its own category mainly to keep a huge pile of reality shows out of the other lists. That doesn’t mean that a few wont’ pop up there, though.

So that’s that. Expect those list to filter out through the next week, presumably before the new season starts and makes them less relevant than they already are...

No comments: